Looking for Alaska (Music From The Hulu Series) will be released on Friday, October 18, paralleling the debut of Hulu’s TV adaptation of the popularized John Green novel of the same name. Alexandra Patsavas, a music supervisor who’s worked on over 60 films and television series such as The Twilight Saga, The O.C, Grey’s Anatomy and Gossip Girl has been gifted the position of fulfilling the soundtrack complementing the era the TV series is set, all while illuminating the artists selected.
Patsavas told Billboard: “Looking for Alaska is such a beautiful, timeless coming-of-age story. The mix of songs in the show speaks to that timelessness, by combining original artists from the era with current versions of the era’s best by some of the most important new artists of 2019.”
The soundtrack amalgamates both original compositions and covers of cache’s from the mid-2000s; the setting of the adaptation. Miya Folick, Los Angeles-based singer-songwriter, inaugurates her version of Death Cab For Cutie‘s “I Will Follow You Into The Dark.” Nashville, Tennessee native Fleurie takes on Sufjan Stevens‘ “To Be Alone With You.” Other covers include Alexi Murdoch‘s “Orange Sky” done by Kat Cunning, and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club‘s “Salvation” done by the sibling band Bailen. The soundtrack also includes original compositions with known artists, such as “So Here We Are” by Bloc Party, “Ask Me Anything” by The Strokes and “The World at Large” by Modest Mouse.
Per the show’s description, “Looking For Alaska tells the story of teenager Miles “Pudge” Halter (Charlie Plummer), who enrolls in boarding school to try to gain a deeper perspective on life and find his “great perhaps” when his life at home with his parents just isn’t cutting it. As soon as he arrives as Culver Creek Prep, he meets and falls in love with a confident, mysterious girl, Alaska Young (Kristine Froseth). But after an unexpected tragedy, he and his close friends attempt to uncover the truth and make sense of it while learning some incredibly important lessons about life, love and the art of letting go.”
Check out the Looking For Alaska (Music From The Hulu Series) track list below.
- So Here We Are – Bloc Party
- I Will Follow You Into The Dark – Miya Folick (Death Cab For Cutie cover)
- Ask Me Anything – The Strokes
- To Be Alone With You – Fleurie (Sufjan Stevens cover)
- Crosses – José González
- Orange Sky – Kat Cunning (Alexi Murdoch Cover)
- Macarena – Beginners (Los Del Rio Bayside Boys Remix Cover)
- With Arms Outstretched – Rilo Kiley
- Salvation – Bailen (Black Rebel Motorcycle Club cover)
- The Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth – Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
- Take Me Out – Young Summer (Franz Ferdinand cover)
- An Honest Mistake – Mating Ritual (feat. Lizzy Land) (The Bravery cover)
- The World at Large – Modest Mouse
- Looking for Alaska Score Suite – Siddhartha Khosla
Featured Image: Hulu/Instagram (@alaskaonhulu)[wordads]